PA ACE Women’s Network
Virtual Conference and Retreat
“From Surviving to Thriving!”
Monday, June 7 | 1:00-4:30pm
Tuesday, June 8 | 9:00am-12:00pm
Monday: Keynote Address on Monday by Loree D. Jones, CEO, Philabundance
Tuesday: Keynote Panel on Shared Equity Leadership
FULL CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
PA ACE Women’s Network Conference Brochure
Monday, June 7, 2021
- Welcome and Overview of the Organization: Catherine Feminella, President, PA ACE Women’s Network
- Introduction to the Conference: Pam Carter, Conference Co-Chair
1:10: Keynote Address: Loree D. Jones, CEO, Philabundance
2:15: Professional Development Panel
Moderator: Terri Amlong, Vice-President, PA ACE Women’s Network
- Sue Mukherjee, Chief Strategy Officer and Senior Associate Provost, Shippensburg University of PA
- Denise Pearson, Vice Chancellor and Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, PA State System of Higher Education
- Jenifer Cushman, Chancellor, Penn State, Beaver
3:20: Yoga Nidra with MP Vare, MBA, C-IAYT, Daring to Rest Yoga Nidra Facilitator, Sweet Perfection Yoga Therapy
Yoga nidra, or “yogic sleep,” is a guided meditation that draws attention inwards for deep rest, relaxation, and awareness.
4:15 (approx): Afternoon Wrap-Up: Karen Rauch, Conference Co-Chair
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
9:00: Welcome to Day 2: Yves Salomon-Fernández, President, Greenfield Community College; Member, Women’s Network Executive Council
9:10: Keynote Panel: Shared Equity Leadership
Moderator: Pam Carter, Conference Co-Chair
- Elizabeth Holcombe, Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate, Pullias Center for Higher Education, University of Southern California
- Angela Campbell, Vice President of Mission, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and Student Engagement, Cabrini University.
- Nicole Stokes, Associate Provost, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Saint Joseph’s University
A Q & A Session on the recent paper, “Shared Equity Leadership: Making Equity Everyone’s Work,” published by ACE and USC Rossier’s Pullias Center for Higher Education. Please read the study before the conference, if possible. We are delighted to welcome the report’s co-author, Dr. Holcombe, to the conference.
10:15: “Leading the Life You Want”: Michele Vancour, Interim Associate Dean, College of Health and Human Services, Southern Connecticut State University
This session will provide an overview of the issues that challenge us daily, along with practical tips for reframing our experiences and expectations, gaining control and setting goals, as well as engaging in self-care activities for improved work-life integration and quality of life.
11:20: Carrying It Forward: Lisa Ratmansky, PA ACE Women’s Network Conference Planning Committee and Karen Rauch, Conference Co-Chair
11:50: Conference and Retreat Wrap-Up: Catherine Feminella, President, PA ACE Women’s Network and Pam Carter, Conference Co-Chair