PA ACE Women’s Network will hold its annual conference virtually on Friday, September 22, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Join a group of highly talented and experienced higher education professionals for an engaging and informative conference. The conference is free however registration is required. Stay tuned for more details to follow on the schedule.
Dr. Chae Sweet – Vice President for Academic Affairs, Montgomery County Community College
- “The Road Taken”: Twenty-four years ago, I had every intention of being a cloistered and solitary writer who was well-read but rarely seen. As “way leads on to way,” I made a series of choices that led me to become an English professor, a dean, and now a vice president. What drew me to take this journey, this road, when two roads diverged before me? The Road Taken reveals the seemingly innocuous conversations and moments that led to a professional journey I was absolutely meant to take. Join me for a conversation about listening for the call that whistles through your soul and being brave and curious enough to discover where it leads.
Health & Well-Being Session
Dr. Gina Turner — Psychology Professor, Northampton Community College & Certified Yoga Instructor and Wellness coach
- Giving Ourselves Grace for Emotional Well-being: Dr. Gina Turner is currently a Professor of Psychology and Executive Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, at Northampton Community College. Dr. Turner provides a new window into health and wellness drawn from all of her teaching and training with techniques related to developing an authentic, supportive, and growth-oriented learning environment. Through a combination of personal stories, research insights, and interactive exercises, Dr. Turner guides attendees toward embracing grace as a powerful tool for navigating the complexities of their roles in higher education.
How Did You Get Here: Professional Development & Your Journey Session
- Bili Mattes – Provost & Chief Academic Officer – Harrisburg University, Executive Director, STEM UP
- Sue Mukherjee – Chief Enrollment & Chief Information Officer, Cheyney University
- Juliana Mosley Williams – Special Assistant to the President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Salus University
Thanks, as always, for your support of empowering women in higher education!